All bikes1all have unique serial numbers.
- Giant Bike Serial Number Lookup
- Giant Bicycle Serial Number Database
- How To Know If Giant Bike Is Original
The serial number below can be read in the same way. July 1989 built bike. This bike would be known as a 1990 model. 1990 to 1999 Haro BMX Serial Numbers. In the early 1990's the Haro BMX serial number system changed, the build month often became a letter from A to L. The basic build year stamp remained - A91H. 91 is for 1991 and H is for August. Sorry but it doesn't look like a serial number I know it's a bit late now but I tend to register with themanufaturer, make note of the number and take a photoof the serial number on my phone, back it up and keep it on my phone, as having a photo dated a year ago of the serial number could well help with proof of ownership is stoped by the law.
- Bike Registration. Registering your bike is an important step in activating your bikes warranty. It's also the official way for us to welcome you into the Rocky Mountain family. We will verify using your serial number. We will verify using your serial number. We will verify using your serial number. The serial number can be found underneath.
- The majority of serial numbers are located under the bottom bracket where the two pedal cranks meet. Turn your bike upside down and record the number. If there is no serial number near the cranks, you should check other common places including the front headset or rear stays. The diagram (below) indicates five of the most common serial number.
Finding a bicycle serial number
Most bicycles have their serial number engraved beneath their bottom bracket, but sometimes serial numbers are found in other places. Here are some examples of where and what to look for:
The bottom bracket (where serial numbers are typically located) is circled.
A serial number on the underside of a bottom bracket.
Another serial number beneath the bottom bracket, aligned parallel to the frame.
Mary j blige real love mp3 download. Rad Power bikes have their serial number on the head tube. This is on the front of the bike.
Some Schwinn bicycles also have the unique identifying number (their serial number) on the head tube.
A serial number located on a rear dropout. Some BMX bikes and a few Schwinn bicycles place the serial on the rear dropout. On older Schwinns there are numbers stamped on both the drive side and non-drive side rear dropouts; the one on the non-drive side dropout is the serial number.
Some bikes have multiple serial numbers.2When adding a bike to the Index, it's best to enter all the groups of numbers and letters separated by spaces.
Hopefully you can find the serial number on the bicycle you're looking at - email [email protected] if you're having trouble.
Searching serials on Bike Index
Giant Bike Serial Number Lookup
Finding bicycles by serial number on Bike Index is a critical part of our functionality. When searching for a serial number, use our serial search bar - it's the second bar on our search form.
We've done a few things to make it more likely that you'll find the bike you're looking for.
- Certain numbers and letters are difficult or impossible to distinguish between (e.g. 0 and O, S and 5). We treat all these numbers the same way - a search for
005LLLwill match a bike with the serial
- We split bike serials up by spaces and store each separately. If you see multiple numbers on a bicycle - such as in the photo of the Look bike above - try searching for just one of the numbers at a time. Searching for either
200910427-2Awill find the bike.
- We do close serial matching - bikes with serial numbers that are close to the serial you entered are shown below the matching results under the heading 'Serial Numbers Close to..' - given a search of a serial number with a couple numbers/letters that are different or missing.
- We do not currently do partial serial searches. If you search for
1234, you will only find bikes with serial numbers of
1234and serials close to that - not a bike with serial number of
Giant Bicycle Serial Number Database
How To Know If Giant Bike Is Original
- Okay, fine, so maybe there are a few bikes without serial numbers, but this is rare and typical only on hand made bikes or really old bicycles.↩
- In this picture 200910427-2A is a manufacturer number and not a serial number. However, to make bikes as easy as possible to find, feel free to enter all numbers you encounter.↩